[protege-owl] How to Replace variables with SQWRLQueryAPI?

Ely Edison Matos ely.matos at ufjf.edu.br
Mon Jan 7 11:21:18 PST 2008

Hello,
Suppose I have a sqwrl query like [1]:

Person(?p) ^ hasName(?p, ?name) ^ hasSalary(?p, ?salary) -> sqwrl:select(?name, ?salary)

This rule (and others) are stored in a OWL file (query.owl). I'm programming with Protege OWL-API. How can I use the SQWRLQuery (or SWRL Factory) to execute the rule for a specific Person individual? It means, replace the ?p with "Fred", for example, to get the ?name and ?salary of Fred?
I need execute rules like this for specific individuals (defined at runtime), not for all individuals from my ontology. It is possible to change the rule at runtime, but maybe there is a "easy way"...:-))

Thanks,
Ely

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SQWRLQueryAPI