[protege-owl] Indiviuals tab very slow

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 7 18:54:41 PST 2008

Rune,

How large is the ontology?How much heap size does Protege start with?
Any Java application will slow down if it is at the verge of throwing an
out of memory exception. This is what you may be experiencing in file mode.

In database mode, not all the ontology entities are loaded in memory,
but they are loaded only on request, which makes the database backend
have a much smaller memory footprint.

I suggest that you allocate more memory to Protege (see [1]) and let us
know if you still experience the slow down in file mode. If yes, it
would help if you could send us the ontology so that we can debug this.

Tania

[1]: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Setting_Heap_Size