Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[protege-owl] create an owlmodel that loading all imported ontologies

zhang weishan dr_zhangws at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 02:55:59 PST 2008


Hello Tania,
  Thank you.
  In my case, i do not want to save the importing ontology, but the imported one. I use relative path in my repository file, and set the imported on readonly=false. I do find that sometimes the repository is modified by adding item like 'http://localhost:9999/ontology/StateMachine.owl', which seems that my own settings are skipped, and the imported ontology which is modified is not saved, when use owlmodel.save.
  Seems I misused the repository mechanism?

  Best,
  Weishan


----- Original Message ----
From: Tania Tudorache <tudorache at stanford.edu>
To: User support for the Protege-OWL editor <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:24:44 AM
Subject: Re: [protege-owl] create an owlmodel that loading all imported ontologies


Weishan,

In the current version of Protege, we don't have support for asking 
whether an OWL ontology has changed or not. We plan to add this feature
 
very soon. At that point, only the ontologies that have changed will be
 
saved.

Until then, you can make the repository for the imported ontologies
 that 
you don't want to save read-only and then they will be skipped in the 
save operation.

Tania



zhang weishan wrote:
> Now there comes another question: How to save selectively only one of
 
> the imported ontology which is changed, not the whole owlmodel?
>
> Thank you,
> Weishan
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: zhang weishan <dr_zhangws at yahoo.com>
> To: User support for the Protege-OWL editor 
> <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
> Sent: Sunday, January 6, 2008 11:35:35 PM
> Subject: Re: [protege-owl] create an owlmodel that loading all 
> imported ontologies
>
> Oh. Name space should be used.
> But how can we make this flexible, as name space is supposed to be
 not 
> fixed for importing, right?
>
> Cheeers,
> Weishan
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: zhang weishan <dr_zhangws at yahoo.com>
> To: User support for the Protege-OWL editor 
> <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
> Sent: Sunday, January 6, 2008 5:20:39 AM
> Subject: Re: [protege-owl] create an owlmodel that loading all 
> imported ontologies
>
> Thank you Csongor.
> But it seems that it is not working as directly create a owlmodel
 from 
> that ontology, for example, if I use getOWLObjectProperty(name), 
> getOWLIndividual (name), they will not work where the 'name's are the
 
> ones in the imported ontology, even though the uri is added
> In this case, how should these methods should be used.
>
> Thank you,
> Weishan
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: Csongor Nyulas <csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu>
> To: User support for the Protege-OWL editor 
> <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
> Sent: Friday, January 4, 2008 4:43:55 AM
> Subject: Re: [protege-owl] create an owlmodel that loading all 
> imported ontologies
>
> Hi Zhang,
> createJenaOWLModelFromURI() loads the ontology specified by the URI
> given as argument, and also all the ontologies (recursively) imported
 by
> that ontology.
>
> Best,
> Csongor
>
> zhang weishan wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >  When I use createJenaOWLModelFromURI(), it loads only the current
> > ontology, does it?. But How to load all the imported ontologies to
 the
> > same owlmodel?
> >
> >  Best regards,
> >  Weishan
> >
> >
> >
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
 Try
> > it now.
> > 
>
 <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20> 
>
> >
> >
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > protege-owl mailing list
> > protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
 <mailto:protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
> > https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
> >
> > Instructions for unsubscribing: 
> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
> > 
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
 <mailto:protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing: 
> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
>
>
>
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! 
> Search. 
>
 <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>
>
>
>
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! 
> Search. 
>
 <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> 
>
>
>
> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
 <mailto:protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing: 
> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
>
>
>
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! 
> Search. 
>
 <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> 
>
>
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing:
 http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03 
>   

_______________________________________________
protege-owl mailing list
protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl

Instructions for unsubscribing:
 http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03 






      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page. 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/attachments/20080108/002d55ca/attachment.html>


More information about the protege-owl mailing list