[protege-owl] Problem with imported ontology and instances

Netty Rajsiri - EBM WebSourcing netty.rajsiri at
Thu Jan 10 00:30:21 PST 2008

Hi all,

I created ontology with Protégé 3.4beta. Then, I imported two ontologies
which one has only classes and properties and another one contains only
instances. What I intend to do is to use copy some instances of the imported
ontology to the one I created. I cannot copy and create new instances one by
one because I have a thousand instances.

I had an idea to use SWRLtab writing some rules and it works as I
except once I delete the imported ontologies, all copied instances
were deleted also. At the end I would like to keep only the ontology I
created and some imported instances.

Please advice,