[protege-owl] adding ontologies

Alexander Musidlowski musidlow at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 10 06:35:08 PST 2008

Hi,

i´ve got two ontologies A and B. Then there is a third ontology C, which
contains the mapping of A and B. I´m loading C.
Now i´m getting the ontologies D and E and again an ontology F, which
contains the mapping of D and E. I´m loading F.
Here comes the question: How can i put the ontologies C and F into one
ontology? From my perspective this is just a simple adding of
ontologies but i found no way to do this. I´m using the API so i need
some code.

Background:
A and B are sources with similar content e.g. different bookstores. If
i get a query (SPARQL) which can be answered by A then there are maybe
some useful data also stored in B. When i get the query i like to look
up the resources of the query in the mapping ontology C. If there is
an entry like "A.author is equivalent class B.writer" then i want to
rewrite the query and send it to source B. The results of source A and
B will be merged.
As i do not know which sources i will have, i like to save every
mapping i get into one ontolgy.

--
Bye
Alex