[protege-owl] Protege OWL and LinqtoRDF

Anat shavit.anat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 23:07:27 PST 2008

Peter Ansell <ansell.peter <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 12/01/2008, Anat Shavit <shavit.anat <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > In the last few months I'm deleoping a .net application that uses the
> > Protege API. I want to use the Proetege OWL in my app and I found the
> > LinqtoRDF tool.
> > Does anyway had any expirience with it or any other tool to use protege owl
> > in a .net application?
> > Thanks,
> > Anat.
>
> I am developing an application which uses the SemWeb library that
> LinqToRdf is based on. It seems to work okay with its SPARQL as is so
> I havn't had a great deal of impetus to go to LinqToRDF yet but you
> could experiment with it.
>
> I think you may be confused with the Protege application that can be
> used to develop OWL documents and the actual OWL ontology document
> that is produced. Havn't heard of anyone using the Protege API from
> within .Net but it may be available with IKVM as SemWeb does with its
> SPARQL library.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your answer.
I wasn't so clear before - I did use IKVMC to turn the Protege jar into dll and
referenced it through my C# app.
There is also protege-owl jars but that's too much jars to use the ikvmc on, I
think. (anyways if anyone did that I'd be happy to hear).
I did found the SemWeb through my search and I know the LinqtoRdf is based on it
but the Semweb is only for rdf and doesn't support openeing OWL files from .net.
(if I understood correctly). That's why I wanted to use the LinktoRdf.
what did you use the SemWeb in your application for? (javn't had any expirience
with the Sparql yet).
Cheers,
Anat.