[protege-owl] Is negation can be implement by swrlb:notEqual??

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 14 10:14:15 PST 2008

swrlb:notEqual is a expecting OWL datatype values not OWL individuals
[1]. In rule #2 variable ?z is unbound so you should have received the
exception of the form "comparison built-ins do not support binding for
(0-offset) argument #1". Did you truncate the exception text? In any
case, rule #2 does not make any sense because ?z is introduced and never
used again.

SWRL does not support negation as failure and you are unlikely to trick
it into doing so.

Martin

[1] http://www.daml.org/2004/04/swrl/builtins.html