[protege-owl] Property restrictions and SWRL

Pierre Nugues Pierre.Nugues at cs.lth.se
Tue Jan 15 05:19:26 PST 2008

Dear All,

I have a question about the property restrictions and SWRL.

Apparently, if a property, for instance property_1, has its range
restricted to one individual, through the hasValue restriction, for
instance individual_1, it is not possible to infer this value directly
in SWRL. The query property_1(?x, ?y) will not unify ?y with
individual_1, even if there are individuals that show with the
property and value in the Protégé interface.

I would like to be sure I am right.

And if so, what is the appropriate query to get the range restriction?

Finally, when I add a new rule, for instance through the duplication
of an old one, it takes a while before SQWRL recognizes it with its
correct name. I have to toggle a couple of times between buttons
before the query works. Is there a proper way to have it loaded
properly in the database?

Thank you for your help.
Pierre
--
Pierre Nugues, Lunds Tekniska Högskola, Institutionen för
datavetenskap, Box 118, S-221 00 Lund, Suède.