[protege-owl] Abduction reasoning on the Semantic Web

Matt Williams matthew.williams at cancer.org.uk
Tue Jan 15 06:53:41 PST 2008

You can't do this in Protege.

In Jena, you might be able to use their general purpose rule engine to
do so, but it would depend on your domain and what you mean by abduction.

I think you need to clear up what you want to do first. The examples I
have seen of abductive reasoning seems to be more commonly done in
Prolog, although given the Jena rule engine you might well be able to do
it (perhaps with quite a lot of effort, though).

HTH,

Matt