[protege-owl] protege 4.0 and Pellet 1.5: reasoning is quite slow

Davide Codoro da.codo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:34:40 PST 2008

ok I've come to the conclusion that the preliminar rules support offered by
Pellet 1.5 works fine but still much has to be done to optimize it.
from the test I made, the ontology is slow not only with Protege 4.0 but
with Jena too, and even in Pellet 1.5 direct reasoning.
if you look at the time needed for the realize command (-r from Pellet
command line) you see something like 43 seconds, while the same ontology
with no rules only takes 0.062 seconds.

Davide