[protege-owl] Calculating duration using SWRL built-in swrlb:subtractDates

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 15 09:45:22 PST 2008

The temporal built-ins in the core SWRL built-in library have not yet
been released. They will be at the end of February.

However, the temporal library [1] alone will work:

Project(?pr) ^ hasStartDate(?pr, ?date1) ^ hasEndDate(?pr, ?date2) ^
temporal:duration(?d, ?date1, ?date2, temporal:Days) -> sqwrl:select(?d)

I'm not sure what you are trying to do in the consequent of the rule
below. If you want to store a duration property you will have to create
a specific property first to hold the value before writing the rule.

Martin

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLTemporalBuiltIns