[protege-owl] Calculating duration using SWRL built-in swrlb:subtractDates

Martin Becker martin.becker at living-e.de
Wed Jan 16 05:22:20 PST 2008

I just noticed that when invoking the Jess engine upon the rule

Project(?pr)  ∧
hasStartDate(?pr, ?date1)  ∧
hasEndDate(?pr, ?date2)  ∧
temporal:duration(?d, ?date1, ?date2, temporal:Days)
→ hasDuration(?pr, ?d)

the instance in the Project class gets renamed to the result of the
calculation.

For example, I created an instance in the OWL class 'Project' and name it
'Project_1'. Once I run Jess to calculate the duration between start and
finish date and translated the asserted result back to OWL, the instance got
renamed to '14' (note that 14 is the calculated value of the duration).

Does anyone know the reason for this behavior?

Best regards, Martin