[protege-owl] Calculating age of a person using SWRL

Martin Becker martin.becker at living-e.de
Fri Jan 18 01:22:24 PST 2008

Dear all,

I want to calculate the age of a person based on his or her birthdate using
a SWRL rule.

Suppose that you have a class 'Person' and a datatype property
'hasBirthDate' having xsd:date as range.
Now I want to calculate the age of that person and store the value in a
datatype property 'hasAge'.

Question: Does the Core SWRL library built-in or the temporal library
built-in provide a function that would enable me to calculate the age of a
person by subtracting the birthdate from the current date?

Best regards,

Martin