[protege-owl] How to infer the "Characteristic" Properties

kamalej seapho kamalejw at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 20:09:00 PST 2008

you can use UNION concept for this case and the application them've ADD  Property for Add-in eg. Just create S4 in D1 and Add into  D2 and D3 for reuse.

SAPI <m59sapi at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello there,

I am doing a disease diagnosis system, I know how to make a class with N&S
condtions so that inferrence engine will tell you what is the disease if I
enter all the symptoms under the hasSymtoms property of the disease class.
Now say I have three different diseases D1, D2 & D3 each has different
symptoms has shown below:
D1: S1, S2, S3, S4,
D2: S2, S3, S4, S5
D3: S3, S4, S5, S6, S7

If the patient tell you he hasSymptoms S3 & S4, as these are the common
symptoms across D1..D3, then these are useless, but if they tell you he has
S1, then you know he has D1 immediately, if he has S6 & S7, then he has D3.
So is there a way to infer the characteristic property of D1..D3 as follows:
D1: S1
D2: S2
D3: S6, S7

Also is there any way to display a list of all possible symptoms, ie
S1,S2,S3..S7?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

SAPI