[protege-owl] Impoting ontologies

Surabhi Agarwal surabhi at strandls.com
Mon Jan 21 02:40:49 PST 2008

I am creating C.owl by java code which is importing B.owl published on web.
B.owl is importing A.owl. A.owl is also published on web.

B.owl uses following code to import A.owl.

  <owl:Ontology rdf:about="">
    <owl:imports rdf:resource="http://mymachine:8080/A.owl"/>
  </owl:Ontology>

I have a local copy of B.owl and A.owl in /home/surabhi/data folder. Now if
internet is not working, to create C.owl I am importing B.owl's ontology from
local copy of B.owl stored in /home/surabhi/data folder. But B.owl is looking
for published A.owl(mymachine:8080/A.owl) and as internet is not working I am
ended with an error Ontology not found:mymachine:8080/A.owl.

How can I give alternative local URI for A.owl in B.owl or in java code?