[protege-owl] How to formulate OWL unions (owl:unionOf) in SPARQL

Pierre Nugues Pierre.Nugues at
Mon Jan 21 05:24:05 PST 2008

Dear All,

I would like to extract the members of a property domain, when this
domain is a union of OWL classes. Here is an excerpt of the ontology:

  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasProperty">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#MyRange"/>
        <owl:unionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
          <owl:Class rdf:about="#MyDomain1"/>
          <owl:Class rdf:about="#MyDomain2"/>

Using SPARQL, I extract the range using this query:
SELECT ?prop ?range
    ?prop rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty .
    ?prop rdfs:range ?range .

How do I extract the two classes corresponding to the domain? In fact,
I would like to write a constraint so that MyDomain1 is included in
the property domain. (I could restate it this way: I would like to
find all properties whose domain contains MyDomain1)

Is that possible with a SPARQL query?

Thank you for your help.

Pierre Nugues, Lunds Tekniska Högskola, Institutionen för
datavetenskap, Box 118, S-221 00 Lund, Suède.
Tél. (0046) 46 222 96 40,
Visiteurs: Lunds Tekniska Högskola, E-huset, rum 4134A, Ole Römers väg
3, S-223 63 Lund.
Mon livre/My book: