[protege-owl] Stack Overflow

Kormann, Joseph joseph.kormann at
Tue Jan 22 04:56:41 PST 2008

Couldn't find it in the archives, so either I'm encountering a new error
or doing something wrong.

I'm trying to save an OWL Model to a FileOutputStream. When the file
gets to approx 22MB, I receive a java.lang.StackOverflowError.

We're starting to fiddle with the Java VM Stack variables, however if we
don't have to, that would be preferred.

Any suggestions?

Code snippet:
FileOutputStream os = null;
        try {
            os = new FileOutputStream("c:/outPut.owl");
            owlModel.getOntModel().write(os, "RDF/XML-ABBREV");
        } catch (Throwable th) {
            System.out.println("Caught throwable exception");

        at java.util.regex.Pattern.access$000(
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$All.match(
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$Curly.match0(
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$Curly.match(
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$GroupHead.match(
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$Single.match(
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$GroupHead.match(
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$Branch.match(