[protege-owl] Stack Overflow

Kormann, Joseph joseph.kormann at lmco.com
Tue Jan 22 04:56:41 PST 2008

Couldn't find it in the archives, so either I'm encountering a new error
or doing something wrong.

I'm trying to save an OWL Model to a FileOutputStream. When the file
gets to approx 22MB, I receive a java.lang.StackOverflowError.

We're starting to fiddle with the Java VM Stack variables, however if we
don't have to, that would be preferred.

Any suggestions?

Code snippet:
FileOutputStream os = null;
        try {
            os = new FileOutputStream("c:/outPut.owl");

            owlModel.setWriterSettings(new
ProtegeWriterSettings(owlModel));

            owlModel.getOntModel().write(os, "RDF/XML-ABBREV");
        } catch (Throwable th) {
            System.out.println("Caught throwable exception");
            System.out.println(th.getMessage());
            th.printStackTrace();
        }

Exception:
ava.lang.StackOverflowError
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.access$000(Pattern.java:595)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$All.match(Pattern.java:4076)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$Curly.match0(Pattern.java:4218)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$Curly.match(Pattern.java:4202)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$GroupHead.match(Pattern.java:4575)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$Single.match(Pattern.java:3314)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$GroupHead.match(Pattern.java:4575)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern$Branch.match(Pattern.java:4535)