[protege-owl] Ontology Deployment

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 19:35:07 PST 2008

On 24/01/2008, Jibbi <najeeb at kth.se> wrote:

> Hi
> I've developed ontology and want to deploy on any free available web
> location, from where I'll be able to call my ontology concepts and use them
> in other developing ontologies under protégé platform.
>
> 1.      Is there any free server available (for research purpose) where i can
> deploy my ontology

http://pages.google.com offers a way to host files for free. You could
use a purl to redirect to it. http://purl.org does redirection, so you
can keep a constant address for your ontology even if the actual
server fails. You can redirect it to any free web hosting site which
offers to have pages intact.

> 2.      how can i deploy my ontology from protégé

Your ontology is likely to be a simple file. A .owl file is most
likely, and this can be put at a location on a server, which you
should use as a base reference for your ontology. It is best to use
the purl.org address for reference so that if you move the file you
don't have to change the ontology. Basically on pages.google.com you
just upload the .owl file, and then copy the address of the file after
uploading it and make purl.org redirect to that address.

Cheers,

Peter