[protege-owl] reason over two ontologiey

Jan-Oliver Wuelfing Jan-Oliver.Wuelfing at scai.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jan 24 04:46:04 PST 2008

Hello everyone,

I wonder whether it is possible to reason over two different ontologies,
i.e. to use a SPARQL query for one ontology and to use that result in
order to check whether it is entailed in the other ontology.

I know it is not so easy to understand what I mean. I designed two
ontologies: the first one is a description of requirements of
applications with concrete values in its individuals and the other one
is a description of resources in a testbed.
I would like to enquire the first one with a specific application type
via SPARQL and to match those results against the other ontology in
order to check ehether the enquired requirements would match the
resources in the testbed or not.

Many thanks in advance
Best regards
  Jab