[protege-owl] Searching Synonym

SAPI m59sapi at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 16:31:18 PST 2008

Hello there,

I just found the 'Use search Synonyms" under Owl preferences > Searching,
but can't figure out how to use it. After add a synonymn say 'SearchKey'
here, would I be able to search use this 'SearchKey' to find my instance
under the instance browser search box? or under the 'String Search' tab??
Also what is this 'Ignore prefixes for searching' ?

For example, if I have the instance :Name called 'Upper Respiratory
Infection" and I have the SearchKey called 'URI', I want to quickly bring me
to this entity in the instance browser when I type in 'URI'. I can achieve
what I want by specifying displaying multiple slots, but later on I will
have to add in other languages of searchKey as well, so I do not want to
make it to display such as long name with all the languages in it.

Cheers
Sapi