[protege-owl] Could swrl rules be separated from the OWL knowledge base?

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at
Sat Jan 26 12:44:21 PST 2008

You can simply store all the SWRL rules in one OWL file and import as
necessary. However, you should not regard SWRL rules as semantically
separate from the ontology - in an ontology they have the same formal
status as other OWL axioms. SWRL rules should be considered as just
another type of OWL axiom.