[protege-owl] Transforming an OWL file

Ghajar, Anoosh AGhajar at
Mon Jan 28 08:20:36 PST 2008

I have an owl file that needs to be modified to properly reflect the
class names. The existing class names in <owl:Class> tags are in the
format 'PRO_XXXXX" where XXXX is a sequence of numbers and I would like
the class names to be changed to the textual content of the first child
node <rdfs:label> .

I am thinking of using java and XSLT(are there better options?) for the
transformation but my problem is with the <rdf:SubClassOf> node that
reports another class name of the format 'PRO_XXXX' which has its
details(I mean <rdfs:label> further down in the .owl file). Any idea of
how to implement this transformation will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Here is a section of my .owl file:

<owl:Class rdf:ID="PRO_00019440">

    <rdfs:label rdf:datatype=""

    >Smad2 sequence 1 phosphorylated and ubiquitinated form</rdfs:label>

      <oboInOwl:DbXref rdf:nodeID="A0">

        >MOD:00696 has_modification - phosphorylated

      <oboInOwl:DbXref rdf:nodeID="A1">

        >MOD:00688 has_modification - isopeptide crosslinked

          <owl:Class rdf:ID="PRO_00000011"/>

          <owl:TransitiveProperty rdf:ID="UNDEFINED_derives_from"/>