[protege-owl] SWRL Sequence

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 28 14:44:23 PST 2008

SWRL rules are essentially logical axioms and the execution order of a
rule set should have no influence on the conclusions reached. There is
no way to influence this order.

There is a primitive (and undocumented) rule grouping mechanism in the
SWRLTab at the moment but it is only available through the API. The
SWRLImp [1] class has an addRuleGroup method that can be used to assign
rules to named groups. The SWRLRuleEngine [2] infer method can then be
invoked with one or more group names and only rules in that group will
be executed. I will be extending this mechanism in the near future.

Martin

[1]
http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease_javadoc_owl/edu/stanford/smi/protegex/owl/swrl/model/SWRLImp.html
[2]