[protege-owl] Export Protégé Project to MysQL or MS Access database

xabier martinez martinezsanturtzi at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 03:11:28 PST 2008

Hello,

I am new in using protégé and I would like to transfer / convert data
base into MySQL or Microsoft Access.

I use protégé 3.3.1 and I have tried it for MySQL following these steps:

File--> Convert Project to Format…--> Protégé Database (OK)-->

JDBC Driver Class Name

*com.mysql.jdbc.Driver*

JDBC URL

*jdbc.mysql://localhost:3306/db_name*

Table

*ProtegeTable*

Username

*root*

Password

********

After this, several errors appear: driver not suitable, JDBC Driver is
not on the classpath…

I have read other posts and they said that it was necessary to rename
mysql conector (in my case, mysql-connector-java-5.0.7-bin.jar) into
driver jar and move it to the Protégé folder. I have already tried this
but it did not work at all.

When doing it using Access, I have difficulties in filling the gaps
referring to JDBC Driver Class Name, JDBC URL…

I would be very grateful if you could help me find a solution to this
problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Xabier.