[protege-owl] OBO to OWL

Paria Kashfi hajar.kashfi at chalmers.se
Sat May 3 23:43:13 PDT 2008

Hi all,
During my researches, I found Human Disease Ontology bu in OBO format
I tried o use OBOConverter tab in Protege 3.3 to convert it to OWL. I
faced some problems:
 I couldn't convert this ontology and add it to my own ontology- I found
that there are some duplicate class names in these two ontologies -
hence I tried to create a new project and do the same task. this time, I
could see the converted ontology in my classes view but I realized that
the structure of ontology has changed somehow- I 'd browsed this
ontology in OBOEdit so I knew how should it look like-
the first question raised in my mind was " is OBOConverted plugin reliable?"
for the third try I downloaded OBOEdiPlugin to convert OBO to OWL using
OBOEdit
this time, the problem was that I could not run OBOEdit when this plugin
is added in extensions folder as mentioned here
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/OboInOwl:Main_Page

I also tried to use this OWL version of Human Disease ontology
http://www.obofoundry.org/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?id=disease_ontology
 but I couldn't open this ontology in Protege, there's a problem in OWL
file as protege says!
I hope someone can help me to find a correct version of Human Disease
ontology in OWL or at least solve converting problems!

Thank you in advance
Paria