[protege-owl] Problems with forms and Protégé versions

Esther Lozano Hontecillas Esther.LozanoH at campus.uab.cat
Wed May 7 04:49:13 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been working with Protégé 3.1 and it worked correct, but I decided to update to a new version. I 've tried with Protégé 3.3.1 and with Protégé 3.4 but in both cases I get a consistency problem that I don't have with the 3.1 version. The problem is the next:

In the ontology there are classes webDataProperty and webObjectProperty, that are subclasses of DatatypeProperty and ObjectProperty respectively, and they have properties like for example webRow or webColumn. All the properties of my ontology are instances of one of these classes.
When I select the Properties tab I can see that some properties have their own properties (webRow, webColumn...) inside a red box (that indicates inconsistency, doesn't it?). This happens with some of the properties and not always in the same way.
I've noticed in the Form tab that the Widget type of properties like webRow is incorrect, but if I change it, then all the values of this property disappear for all the instances.

I have several ontologies with the same estructure that are being used in a real environment, so to correct the widget types and put the values again one by one is not a very good option.

So, where's the problem? And why it doesn't happen when I open the project with Protégé 3.1 version? I'd tried to create the project again for the new version (using the .owl file) but it happens the same.

Thanks in advance,

Esther Lozano