[protege-owl] re asoner doesn't react to intersection

bassiee back_to_basic_69 at
Wed May 7 05:04:25 PDT 2008

Unique Name Assumption is on, I checked all the reasoner properties and they
look all fine to me.
The reasoner does his work, but sometimes there some strange thing thas
I guess this is due the open world reasening... but I don't see a link
between the problems...

Kaarel Kaljurand wrote:
> Make your "resources" different from each other. (Check out Unique
> Name Assumption.)

I just used the names that protégé uses.
In the tab 'individuals' when you select a 'class', you can create instances
(in the instance browser)
and when you select a 'instance' you can create a resource that is linked to
a property.
And the reasoner doesn't react = the reasoner notices nothing, it's all ok
      the reasoner react = the reasoner notices something is wrong
and to be complete when I use 'the reasoner (doesn't) reacts' I tested on
consistency, on taxonomy and on inferred types. (I know that for the
examples above testing on consistency should be enough)
Witch terms do you normally used for this?

thx seba

Kaarel Kaljurand wrote:
> You should really learn the correct terminology, e.g. there are no
> "resources" in OWL.
> At the moment your messages are very hard to read and ambiguous (e.g.
> what do you
> mean by "reasoner reacting"?), so I can only guess what you want.

Sent from the Protege - OWL mailing list archive at