[protege-owl] Problems with forms and Protégé versions

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Wed May 7 17:27:11 PDT 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 3:45 PM, Timothy Redmond wrote:

> The second issue is that this is a surprisingly good ontology for
> challenging parsers.  The point is that the meta-modelling confuses
> many parsers.  In several cases a datatype property was declared as
> a member of a  meta-class which is a subclass of
> owl:DatatypeProperty.  Out of five parsers I tried only two were
> able to figure out what to do with this.  I can send you an
> alternative version of this ontology (with no real changes) that
> will load in other tools if you need it.

Hmmm.  I was just running into some problems in this regard with
Pellet 1.5.2, where an ontology where we have extensive use of
metaclasses for Class and Properties was running into a number of
issues with classes and properties that were instances of the
metaclasses being thought to be individuals, and not necessarily being
recognized as appropriate objects.

What were the two parsers that could figure this out?