[protege-owl] [POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] Problem reformatting OWL/RDF to OWL/DB using MySQL 5.1.24 JDBC Connector/J 5.1 with P3.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.11

Liu, Richard richard.liu at
Thu May 8 00:26:06 PDT 2008

In the attached ZIP file I enclose my ontology and an excerpt of the
console log.  In P3.4 build 130 I load my ontology and elect to reformat
it to OWL/DB.  The reformatting appears to complete, but in a tab a red
square appears, and the ontology is empty.  In the console log I find
the excerpt that I have enclosed.  In MySQL I can see the table that was
created, but I cannot judge how complete it is.  The installation of
MySQL 5.1.24 and the JDBC Connector/J 5.1 appears to be correct, because
I can convert the OWL pizza example without any problem.  The big
difference between the example and my ontology would appear to be the
SWRL rules in the latter.

Richard Liu

Group Research Information

Scientific Information Resources

F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.

Bldg. 092/6.01

CH-4070 Basel, Switzerland

Phone: +41 (0)61 687 92 14

FAX: +41 (0)61 688 95 70

richard.liu at

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the use of the
named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized use of the information
contained in this message is prohibited.