[protege-owl] Sparql: How to query for unionOf members?

Melanie-B. melabergmann at
Thu May 8 09:58:14 PDT 2008

I'm desperately trying to get the range classes of a certain property:

SELECT ?range
<mydomain:has_location> <> ?range

This works, if there is only one class specified as a range, but it doesn't
work when there are several possibilities. For instance the property
has_location can have a Pub or a club as the domain and an address or a
building as a range.

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="has_location">

      <owl:unionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
        <owl:Class rdf:about="#Pub"/>
        <owl:Class rdf:about="#Club"/>

      <owl:unionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
        <owl:Class rdf:about="#Address"/>
        <owl:Class rdf:about="#Building"/>

Instead of getting something like this:

| range                                                 |
| <mydomain:Address> |
| <mydomain:Building> |

I get this:

| range |
| _:b0  |

Can anyone help with that? I know that this is a set union, but how do I get
the members of that class?
Sent from the Protege - OWL mailing list archive at