[protege-owl] How to debug SWRL rules?

bassiee back_to_basic_69 at
Thu May 8 17:34:24 PDT 2008

Is there a way to see the properties that are used to connect 2 individuals
using in sqwrl (SQWRLQueryTab)
I noticed a few intresting tbox rules, and I hoped there was a rule that I
could use
, but I didn't find any explanation of those rules on
Where can I find information on for example 'tbox:hasFirstProperty'?

Thanks seba

Martin O'Connor wrote:
> No. I find the best way to debug SWRL rules is to turn some of the
> more complex rules into SQWRL queries by removing their consequents
> and replacing by sqwrl:select(?v1, ?v2, ...). In that way you can
> determine what values the variables in a rule get bound to.
> Martin
> Quoting ahmed nabel <a_n_alazzawi at>:
>> How can I see the trace of SWRL rules being processed (as the
>> reasoner runs)? Is there a way to see that?
>> I want to know if I can do that in Protege 3.4 and in Protege 4 if
>> possible please.
>> Best.

Sent from the Protege - OWL mailing list archive at