[protege-owl] SWRLBridge does not support dataproperties of datatype int

Hrishikesh Sharma hrishikesh.sharma at gmail.com
Fri May 9 05:23:55 PDT 2008

*Perhaps* not a bug. I was getting similar exception few weeks ago, but I
traced back the problem to a missing instance of a class, which was implicit
on the body side of rule. I had not populated the instance, and the SWRL
rule was giving this misleading exception on firing.

Regards
       Hrishikesh.

On 5/9/08, Martin O'Connor <martin.oconnor at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look at it.
>
> Martin
>
> Ralf Weinand wrote:
>
> >Hi Martin,
> >
> >when rules infer data property values of type int then the following
> >execption occurs:
> >"cannot convert value of type 'java.lang.Integer' to String"
> >

> >I think the error is in this method:
> >
> >  OWLDatatypePropertyAssertionAxiomImpl.write2OWL(OWLModel owlModel)
> >throws SWRLRuleEngineBridgeException
> >
> >Maybe you can have a look at it.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Ralf

Literature is my legal wife and medicine my mistress. When I get tired of
one, I spend the night with the other.

Anton Chekhov in a letter to Alexey Suvorin