[protege-owl] re asener that support constraints

bassiee back_to_basic_69 at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 07:59:10 PDT 2008

hey martin,
if you say that the jess back end in the swrltab supports a constraint with
an empty head
then I probably don't understand how constraints have to be interpreted.
So I give an example and if you could say it is correct or not (and what I
should be) that would be great.

The example is very similar to what I want:
2 Classes: Class1 and Class2
2 properties: hasClass2a and hasClass2b both have domain Class1 and range
Class2
I want to say in the constraint: an individual of Class1 can have a
connection to Class2 via 'hasClass2a' and 'hasClass2b', but the individuals
it connects to have to be different.

So it looks to me a SWRL constraint with an empty head:
Class1(?x) and Class1(?y) and sameAs(?x,?y) and hasClass2a(?x,?z) and
hasClass2b(?y,?a)
and sameAs(?z,?a) -->

Is this correct?
If it is why doesn't the reasoner react to any breach of the constraint.
thanks seba