[protege-owl] Pulling individuals out of an owl file after JESS->OWL conversion

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at stanford.edu
Mon May 12 16:49:25 PDT 2008

Franz, Barbara A wrote:

> I have two ontologies that I am importing into a new project.
> Ontology_1 has individuals that I want to transfer to Ontology_2.  I
> have written rules in SWRL that state that if there is an individual
> in Ontology_1, Class_A , Property_A, it will be placed in Ontology_2,
> Class_B, Property_B.

SWRL rules will not 'transfer' individuals. For example, if you have a
rule of the form:

ont1:Class_A(?x) ^ ont1:Property_A(?x, ?y) -> ont2:Class_B(?x) ^
ont2:Property_B(?x, ?y)

all individuals of Class_A will get classified as individuals of Class_B
with appropriate property assignment.

If you want the new deductions to be placed in Ontology_2 you can make
that ontology the active ontology before running the rules. Any new
assertions will then be placed in that ontology.

Martin