[protege-owl] How to bind SWRL rules with an instance of the Protege Pellet reasoner?

qldiao qlin_diao at 163.com
Sun May 18 06:08:31 PDT 2008

Mariusz,

  Thank you very much for your reply.

  I know how to access  a direct (Pellet) or a DIG-compliant (e.g RACER) reasoners,but do not know how to run SWRL rules via Pellet use Jena implementation. Once I get  an instance of the Protege Pellet reasoner, I can use the reasoner to get information for a particular OWl entity with such methods as reasoner.getSubclasses(),reasoner.getDescendantClasses
(),reasoner.classifyTaxonomy() etc. However,I could not find any method to bind  SWRL rules with the reasoner? How I get the information about the method of reasoner?

Best wishes,
Dietsk

在2008-05-18,"Mariusz Gwiazda" <mgwiazda at onet.eu> 写道:

Dietsk,

Protege-OWL API provides programmatic access to a direct (Pellet) or a
DIG-compliant (e.g RACER) reasoners [1]. There is two direct Pellet
connection implementations. First based on Jena API
(ProtegePelletJenaReasoner.class) and second based on OWL-API. If you
want to run SWRL rules via Pellet use Jena implementation. It's also
possibility to run SWRL rules using SWRLTab [2] that support SQWRL
queries too.

Best wishes,
Mariusz

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/ProtegeReasonerAPI