[protege-owl] Bug when loading an OWL file

Esther Lozano Hontecillas Esther.LozanoH at campus.uab.cat
Mon May 19 03:24:16 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm working with an ontology which has meta-classes and meta-properties and I get a strange behaviour when loading the OWL file.

I'm working with Protégé 3.4 and the problem is related to the order of declarations within the OWL file. It seems that declarations of meta-properties have to appear before declarations of properties that set a value to this meta-properties. Otherwise, Protégé doesn't recognize the value type and it puts the meta-properties values within a red square indicating an error.
I've changed the order of declarations by hand and then the OWl file is loaded perfectly and without errors. It's supposed that the order of declarations has to be irrelevant, that's why I think this behaviour could be a bug. Am I right? And in that case, could be possible to fix it?

Thank you very much,