[protege-owl] how to query an owl ontology

anuj kumar anuj0416 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:40:45 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have an owl ontology and my objective is to query the file based on the
parameters passed by a user. I am at the very beginning of this
implementation. I went through the tutorial of jena and sparql and I have
some very basic questions:-
Q1) Sparql is used to query RDF and not owl files correct? Then how does
jena query the owl files using sparql.
Q2) Which is the most widely used language to query owl files?

Anuj