[protege-owl] using DL-query

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:07:55 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Helena Deus <helenadeus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new to protege's DL reasoner and I was trying to reproduce the example
> given at
> http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/protege-x/plugins/images/dlquery.png
> I've loaded the ontology from the URI and typed in the query box the same
> query as in the picture:
> Pizza and hasTopping only VegetableTopping
>
> But I'm getting a set of what apparentelly are syntax errors: "Encountered
> VegetableTopping at line 0 columns 26. Expect one of Class name ( )"
> I tried adding the parenthesis and class name but it still didn't work (see
> attached picture).
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is there documentation page with the correct
> syntax rules for DL-query?

In my case it works. Are you sure that you didn't accidentally
delete the class "VegetableTopping" from the ontology? One would get
the exact same error if "VegetableTopping" was an undefined class.

DL-Query uses Manchester OWL Syntax, some documentation is at:

http://www.co-ode.org/resources/reference/manchester_syntax/

--
kaarel