[protege-owl] Protege 3.4 beta - Set display slot

David Norheim david.norheim at computas.com
Wed May 21 01:46:30 PDT 2008

Hi,

We have a rather big ontology with lots of individuals. I want to be
able to edit the individuals as well, but as the identifier for the
instances does not really say too much about it, I need to use "set
display slot" to use more descriptive names for the instances.

So far so good. I however have lots of properties (ca 80) in the
ontology as well (or rather, most of them imported from using various
upper ontologies  - dc, wordnet, sioc, skos, wgs and more).

The problem arrises when I try to set the "display slot" that the drop
down list is longer than the height of my screen, and it does not
scroll as normal Windows or Mac drop downs would do.

My question is:

1) Are there any way to select display slot without using the "set
display slot" widget and failed drop down?

2) If not, how do I in Protege 3.4 avoid Protege to automatically
import external ontologies when I create an ontology from an RDF file
(consisting of OWL classes  and individuals)?

Best regards,

David Norheim
Principal Engineer | Semantic Web Advocate
Direct: +47 6783 1085 | Mobile: +47 95 94 69 49
Email: david.norheim at computas.com
Web: www.computas.com

Computas AS  Vollsveien 9, PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker
Phone:+47 6783 1000 | Fax:+47 6783 1001

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This message may contain confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error, do not use, copy or
distribute it. Do not open any attachments. Delete it immediately from
your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you
have done so. Thank you.