[protege-owl] Intersections in protégé

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Fri May 23 01:46:29 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Alba Fuertes <alba.fuertes at upc.edu> wrote:

> From the idea that an impact is the result of the intersection of an aspect
> and a phase, we pretend to implement with Protégé the relations:
>         An IMPACT takes place along a PHASE
>         An IMPACT is related to an ASPECT
>
> The problem is that an impact can be the result of the different
> intersections (combinations) of phases and aspects (see picture
> attached). How can we introduce these intersections in Protégé? If we
> implement the model showed in the picture, how can protégé indentify
> the correct intersections (not all of them are possible)?

Pictures are vague. It is not clear which relations are mandatory, which
optional, and which illegal.
Does the following text describe what you want?

Every type3-impact takes place along a type1-phase.
Every type3-impact takes place along a type2-phase.
No type3-impact takes place along a type3-phase.
Every type3-impact is related to a type1-aspect.
Every type3-impact is related to a type2-aspect.
Every type3-impact is related to a type3-aspect.

And additionally:

Every type1-impact is an impact.
Every type1-phase is a phase.
Every type1-aspect is an aspect.

And possibly also:

Every impact is a type1-impact or is a type2-impact or is a type-3-impact.
No type1-impact is a type2-impact.

kaarel