[protege-owl] Restriction of instances in OWL?

Frank Puhlmann Frank.Puhlmann at inubit.com
Fri May 23 08:49:56 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have a class structure with "Role", "Person", and "Department". Each role is assigned to at least one department via hasDepartment: Role -> Department. Each person is assigned to at least one role via hasRole: person -> Role.

Furthermore, I have several individuals for Person, Role, and Department.

Now I would like to define a Class "SmallDepartment" that contains all individuals of the class Department that have a maximum of three individuals of Person working in the Department.

Informally, something like this:

Class SmallDeparment

definedBy: each ?department with Number_of_individuals(?person) < 4

with ?person as the set of individuals working in ?department (via the hasRole/hasDepartment links)

Can this be expressed in OWL?

Thanks in advance,
Frank