[protege-owl] taxonomies, OWL-DL and Protégé

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Fri May 23 16:42:49 PDT 2008

A simple example?
Mmmh, an example of a taxonomy would be may something such as the
topics of  a given domain, say, the library of congress
classification... it's just a hierarchy.

Now, if I have a class in my ontology that has properties that refer
to the "topics" in question, I'd refer to individuals that are of
class "topic".

Do I have an easy way in Protégé to do:
- transparent maintenance of "a representative by class" (we do this
manually)
- easy choice when populating a property value in my topic

thanks in advance

paul