[protege-owl] owl:hasValue

Steve Wilder steven.m.wilder at lmco.com
Tue May 27 09:34:22 PDT 2008

I have a problem that I'm trying to diagnose.

I have the following definition in OWL:

<owl:Class rdf:ID="AAR">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Restriction>
        <owl:onProperty>
          <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="#hasAssociatedMissions"/>
        </owl:onProperty>
        <owl:hasValue>
	  <AEW rdf:about="#AEW_instance"/>
        </owl:hasValue>
      </owl:Restriction>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
</owl:Class>

If I create an instance of AAR in the Protege editor, the new instance
properly fills in the hasAssociatedMissions property with AEW_instance.

However, when using the Protege client/server in my program, I'm not
seeing this property filled in correctly for any instances of AAR.

AAR myAAR = myFactory.createAAR("myAAR");
System.out.println("AAR: " + myAAR + " has associated missions: " +
myAAR.getHasAssociatedMissions().size());

returns:

AAR: DefaultAAR(myAAR of [DefaultOWLNamedClass(aco:AAR, FrameID(12:12042
1))]) has associated missions: 0

Any ideas?

Steve