[protege-owl] Instance/Property API question.

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu May 29 13:51:10 PDT 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 10:43 AM, Maria M. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think this method: getPossibleRDFProperties() is what you are
> looking for.
> Assuming that you have an OWLIndividual instance, i.e. 'instance1',
> you can get all the properties binded to this instance.
>
> Code: Collection properties = instance1.getPossibleRDFProperties();

This gets all properties that COULD be present on this individual.  It
does this by examining the domain of the properties and returning
those properties for which the instance is an instance of the
property's domain.  That may NOT necessarily include all properties
with values, since a property can be applied to instances that are not
known to be in its domain.

     getRDFProperties(), in contrast, returns just those for which
values are present (asserted).  It doesn't get any values that come
from hasValue restrictions (unless you run some inference and get
inferred fillers).