[protege-owl] OWL Lists and Reasoners

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri May 30 20:55:12 PDT 2008

Hi David,

We cannot improve the DIG implementation available in Protege, because
this is a DIG limitation, rather than a Protege limitation.

I suggest that you use the direct reasoner by selecting in the Reasoning
Menu -> Pellet 1.5.1 and then click on the Classify taxonomy icon.

Another solution would be to use the direct reasoner in Protege 4, which
requires less memory than the one in Protege 3. Protege 4 has a direct
connection to both Pellet and Fact++.

Tania