[protege-owl] Escaping Unicode with % in URIs?

Johann Petrak johann.petrak at chello.at
Wed Oct 1 05:03:04 PDT 2008

I am a bit puzzled about the use of Unicode for entity IDs i.e.
URIs in an OWL ontology: is it possible to use the percent sign
to escape Unicode chars? Protege 3.3.1 does not let me enter
a percent sign for the name of a class, property, or individual
and jena.rdfcat shows an error when an URI reference with
a percent sign is detected in turtle input.

Does the URI always have to be unescaped as a UTF-8 Unicode
string?

Johann