[protege-owl] How to inherit value-based class properties to individuals?

Patrick McCrae patrick.mccrae at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Oct 1 13:54:50 PDT 2008

Dear Protege List -

Can anyone please help me with the following modelling question today:

In Protege 4 I have created a class which is defined by the property

    has_Lexicalisation value Lex_word.

This is analogous to

    has_Lexicalisation has Lex_word

in the Protege 3.x world.

I was now hoping that when I create an instance of the above class, that
instance would have the very same property. This, however, turned out
not to be the case. It seems that such class properties are not
propagated by inheritance.

I am hence wondering how I can inherit properties of the above kind from
the class to its individuals.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards -

Pat