[protege-owl] Rules to modify/create ontologies from ontologies?

Johann Petrak johann.petrak at chello.at
Thu Oct 2 02:14:52 PDT 2008

Since I got no answer yet I will broaden my question:
what ways exist to systematically change or merge
the knowledge in one or more ontologies into
a new ontology?
Is the only way to do this to hand-code it or
do tool or more formal, e.g. rule-based, approaches
exist?
I'd highly apreciate any feedback about this, even
if it is not a solution -- I'd also apreciate hearing
from people who face similar problems.

Cheers,
   Johann