[protege-owl] Rules to modify/create ontologies from ontologies?

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at
Thu Oct 2 03:10:34 PDT 2008

You might look at GONG -
There is the OWL API, which can be used to read and write ontologies - It's
a java library.

I use a lisp based tool called LSW which is based JENA and Pellet to do
things like this - a combination of SPARQL queries and direct reasoner
queries, followed by construction of OWL statements based on it.

As an example, see
This file generates an anonymous individual that is an instance of each
class that has no subclasses.
This file creates disjoint class assertions based on OBI's policy.

Hope this helps,