[protege-owl] Rules to modify/create ontologies from ontologies?

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 03:10:34 PDT 2008

You might look at GONG - http://www.gong.manchester.ac.uk/
There is the OWL API, which can be used to read and write ontologies - It's
a java library.
http://owlapi.sourceforge.net/

I use a lisp based tool called LSW which is based JENA and Pellet to do
things like this - a combination of SPARQL queries and direct reasoner
queries, followed by construction of OWL statements based on it.
http://esw.w3.org/topic/LSW

As an example, see

http://obi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/obi/trunk/src/tools/build/add-assumed-individuals.lisp?view=markup
This file generates an anonymous individual that is an instance of each
class that has no subclasses.

http://obi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/obi/trunk/src/tools/build/add-disjoints.lisp?view=markup
This file creates disjoint class assertions based on OBI's policy.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Alan