[protege-owl] abstract language to describe ontology

emanu.storti at tiscali.it emanu.storti at tiscali.it
Thu Oct 2 08:19:42 PDT 2008

Hi everybody, actually this isn't a question concerning protégé, but I
hope you can give me an help anyway.
I'm developing an ontology and I
was thinking about using a formalism to describe it. First of all, I
would like to define concept, relations, restrictions using this
language and then I'd like to translate it into OWL language: all this
in order to have a high level abstract representation of my future owl
ontology, and also to describe it in my thesis in a human-readable
syntax (unlike RDF/XML).

1) Should I use some DL abstract language?

2) What is the most commonly used solution?
2bis) Where can I find some
resources to learn how to express concepts and logic rules in that
language?
3) Are there any tools (Protégé plugins, for example) to
translate from this abstract language into owl?

Thank you in advance,

Emanuele Storti

Con Tiscali Adsl 8 Mega navighi SENZA LIMITI e GRATIS PER I PRIMI TRE MESI. In seguito paghi solo € 19,95 al mese. Attivala subito, l’offerta è valida fino al 02/10/2008! http://abbonati.tiscali.it/promo/adsl8mega/